Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March Update

It's more than late for another update... *sigh* In anycase, things sure have been changing a lot since last time!

PMD-E is still flowing as smoothly, I've been doing the 5th Mission writing entry and am about to start working on the Epilogue. Otherwise, I have the saved draft of the new app version which was released. I admit I'm not too enthusiastic about this new app in some ways. First, the app is supposed to give information about your team: the name, members, natures, moves and so on. Unfortunately, the new version of the app displays by default an interview with a rather difficult character, known as Callahan, the Ninetales. Well, I do understand that it's a way for the writers to showcase their writing skills, that's a good thing.

What I'd suggest rather, is that every writer should have one app, similar to the previous version and should have a link to the interview with Callahan, which then will be compulsory. Does anything change? Yes, when you are linked to an app, you get the app and not see a huge interview (which for some are, if they have so much to say and show for this brief interview). Want to see the interview? Fine, click the link in the app! Easy? I say yes.

Well, enough of ranting now ^^; PK's epilogue are all posted, the prologue for M6 has even started! Seems at first sight that the mission will be to find and help with the cooking, but we'll see later on. Another thing, I'm a little ashamed I had overlooked Shade, the Zoroark. Well, maybe Darkrai is still the mastermind behind this, only the future will tell. It's a bit sad that Sorbet became once again the rock that he was, unable to move, unable to know what's going on... but I guess it's for everyone's safety that no one can control him like a puppet.

With the release of that new app, I also started another project related to PMD-E. I've been keeping records of every new team and it's going on smoothly up to now. The only problem is that I've been busy at work and haven't been able to update the 29 art apps which are currently in the group's folder. I've been customising my bot too on irc.veekun.com and it's working good so far. I need to do some other tweaks for better search of pokemon. Searches such as 'paras' would, for instance, also bring 'parasect'. So, I'm not sure if I'm going to change the database itself or radically change the search function.

Also, I managed to find the last few movies of Pokemon and I've been watching them one after the other lately XD. I watched Pokemon 2000 The Power of One again, as well as The Spell of the Unown, then watched the ones I didn't watch. Only two more to go, then I'll get into the Unova arc.

As of PU, things are quite slow if I may say so. We got some new people to help with the pixel art, and one person for the map editor. I was promoted as global moderator, the wikia is slowly but surely growing, some members have returned as some have left... yea, the usual in a way. The beta is still being delayed to an unspecified time since there's a lot of things to be (re)done. Augh, the battle vector sprites are missing too! :( Though I did some vector logos for the factions which will be present. And I hope I'll get some time to work on them once more in the near future. I have a logo to animate, a logo to design, then I have my own PMD-E team logo to design, maybe make it a stamp as well.

I've also got a few apps I wanted to get; Adobe FlashPro and Sai Paint Tool. They're so cool I cannot describe it X3. I'll certainly be playing with them when I get the occasion, not that I get much time though. =/ Maybe I could use Flash to make my app? =P

Yeah, things on the other hand have been busy. I didn't know about the 'Early entry' for ACCA and I'm stuck with the fees of 80 pounds/paper instead of 69 pounds if I paid for before the 8th of March. I do hope the company's gonna refund that too. Because ultimately, it's still a loan, and I'm still going to refund from my salary later on.

Things are getting bulky otherwise for the ACCA papers. Law is hard to remember... I really need to find a solution for that... Management accounting is going pretty well I should say. And I really don't understand how you can call something a 'demand curve' if price is the subject of the formula. This costed me a whole 8 marks in an assignment. Tax has a flood of rules. CGT... Income Tax... so many seemingly 'random' values in there. Annual Exemption is 10,600, rates on CGT are 18% and 28%, Personal Allowance is up to 7,475 and so on. Why do they not have things like 10,000, 20%, 30% or the like? Much easier to remember and a lot less decimals to deal with!

Oh yes, speaking of driving license... I FINALLY GOT IT! WOOOOO! It was a surprise really. I did some mistakes (ugh) but turned out the policeman I got was nice. The engine didn't stop, but I forgot to turn on the flasher once in a deserted lane, I forgot to put on to the first gear at a corner and lastly, I had gone into some branches (which supposedly, I shouldn't have as these could have damaged the car, even though I'm sure they weren't hard or anything like that). There was a van on the other side, and the lane being as small as can be, I couldn't do otherwise. Only maybe wait for the driver of the van!? But yea, that was not going to happen since he was nowhere to be seen >.>

We had a hectic week two weeks ago. There was in internal audit simulation which required us to do a complete internal audit of 3 weeks into 3 days. It was a real race against time, and there was a lot of frustrating moments. My team (out of three) managed to come up second. Well, it wasn't that bad seeing that we didn't really put much effort after all. You see, the way it was, as soon as you submit a deliverable, the senior manager player would send us the 'better' files. In the end, it was easier to just send something simple and get new 'good' data to work with in the following steps and end the thing faster. Of course, that NEVER happens in real life internal audits. Oh well, if everyone around the globe is having that same training...

Lastly, I'll be working in the Data Analytics department until the end of April (sob). Oh well, I'm happy too, to be able to get to various places around the (tiny) country I live in. Maybe I could go to another hotel? =D I sure will miss the tight feasible deadlines, full chargeable hours and working fully with Excel, Access and Monarch.

Okay, that was long x3 enough for tonight I guess. I'll watch a bit of Arceus and the Jewel of Life and then, another day of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment