Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012 Post

Oh woops! I really forgot about leaving a post here. I really meant to post one earlier but turned out I got involved in more stuff and got busy. Oh well, now I remembered! ^^;

Soo yea, let's start with ACCA. I got my pass on level 1! ^_^ Well... actually, I'm not too satisfied with the results though, such as for F2, I expected something better. Oh well, they say the good thing is to pass and that's about it, no need to procrastinate over it anymore but focus on the next ones. Because yes, I'm taking level 2 this semester with F4 (ugh), F5 and F6. So far, it's more or less okay, which means I have to start getting serious into those if I want to get the pass this time.

On the other hand, I've 'changed' department at work... of some sort. I won't do any internal audit for some time now, but will instead do Data Analytics. Apparently, it's the activity which brings the most money to the branch of the firm right now and I won't say it's very hard. I like the job very much. There are a lot of deadlines, for sure, there are lots of work, we have to take overtimes to make sure we don't go past the deadlines, we have many issues concerning the work itself as a lot of things we require are most of the time missing and incomplete... but I like it nonetheless. Through this, I've been able to learn a great deal more about how to use Excel and a little more Access with some SQL statements.

Surprisingly, I was able to use the things I learned in Tcl to do some of the tedious tasks given to us =P. Though I'd really like to know how to make Tcl go and edit excel/access files for at times, notepad literally gets busted by the sheer volume of data we handle.

PMD-E is going on smoothly, I didn't get a ranking, but I'm quite in the line of the winners so I am not losing hope that soon. Been trying to change my style of writing and not use so much apposition in my sentences. Apparently they make them sound weird .-. . Been otherwise doing some animations today and working little by little on the PU wikia. If you want to see it, here's the link: http://pokemonuniverseinfo.wikia.com/.

And for the resolutions for the year... get to know more Tcl and try to learn and get a better grasp of SQL and Golang. I really dunno how far this will go, but I'll try to incorporate some AS2/AS3 as well for flash.

Oh gosh... time goes fast! I also learned that there are elements associated to the chinese calendar, and this year is the year of the water dragon. Apparently, I'm a water monkey and this would be the last year which is 'beneficial' for me. I really don't care about those superstitions, but we'll see how this goes. And... driver's test this Tuesday... I really want to get this pass now after all the money they drain from us D:<

Jerry out!

No comments:

Post a Comment